Day 17... I Have Passed The Halfway Point In Radiation / May 23, 2017

Wow, I can't believe today I have gone passed the half way point in my radiation treatments.  From here it is all downhill.  The side effects of the radiation will start to intensify, but at least I can see the end approaching.


It is the day after my chemo treatment, and this is always a hard day.  I feel like I have been run over by a large truck, twice.  I spend a lot of the day resting and napping so that I don't exhaust myself or get myself too nauseous.

After my radiation treatment I get to go back to the cancer center and have fluids run through my veins. This may not sound like a good thing to most people, but for me it is a boost of energy and helps push the chemo drugs out of my kidneys and out of my body.  It really does help with the recovery.

On the fun side of things, my body now does a new trick.  The radiation is obliterating my sinus cavities. I have to do a sinus rinse every day to keep my sinuses clear and keep working smooth.  Now when I do my rinse, the water goes into all these new and wonderful openings in my sinuses. During the day and sometimes without notice, some of he water decides to come rushing out.  It's interesting to be standing talking and suddenly have two tablespoons of water just gush out of your nose. Well, it's better than a nose bleed and a great conversation starter.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teeth Extraction Surgery / April 5, 2017

Swallow Test and Nutrition / March 17, 2017