Day Nine / May 11, 2017

Today was a pretty good day.  I threw away another marble, one day closer.  I was able to get fluids again and this seems to help with both my energy and with my stomach.

The biggest problem I am starting to face now is eating. I was told the radiation would kill my taste buds, and that food would not have a taste making eating a chore.  I was ready to take on that task, but between the chemotherapy and the radiation, not only has it changed my taste buds to not tasting, but it has altered them into making good food taste bad.

I cannot tolerate sweets at all.  If anyone knows me and my relationship with ice cream, then they know how depressing that really is.  I also can't eat cookies, donuts or any other sweets. The taste of them is really offensive.

The good news, I can tolerate bland foods very well.  These include vegetables and most soups.  This will come in handy as my throat gets worse and eating becomes harder and harder.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teeth Extraction Surgery / April 5, 2017

Day 17... I Have Passed The Halfway Point In Radiation / May 23, 2017

Swallow Test and Nutrition / March 17, 2017